Sunday, November 7, 2010

Notable Quotables

I have to lodge a complaint.  Most of the people I work with are younger than me.  And apparently none of them watch nearly as many movies as I do....or at least they don't have any friends that think it's fun to quote movies to each other (besides me).  I frequently find myself providing the most amazing witticisms for the moment (well, in my mind they were brilliant), but, alas, I usually am met with blank stares, a cocked head, and a "huh?".  Makes me miss Thany, Missy Shell, and Crayl all the more.

Below are some favorites, can you identify the movie/tv show (these are too easy)?

  1. "Truly you have a dizzying intellect."
  2. "...a lot of ins, a lot of outs, a lot of what-have-yous..."
  3. "The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster."
  4. "Pivot!"
  5. "But why is the rum gone?"
  6. "Tigers love pepper.  They hate cinnamon."
  7. "We're on double secret probation."
  8. "And don't call me Shirley."
  9. "If I'm working late, you gotta work late!  If you can't work late, I can't work late!  If I can't work late, I can't work late!"
  10. "A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."

5 comments:

  1. Okay. I have 1,3,4(must be spoken with the proper inflection), 5,6(makes me think of you and Beth!),8 and 10.

    I won't post them because I don't want to spoil all of them for other readers.

    I don't have 2,7 or 9. I mean, I could google them, but that would be cheating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additionally, I love this idea and it makes me want to blog 10 of my favorite quotes. Can I copy your idea if I link to you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please! That will be fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am tempted to Google but I shall not...(and I am ashamed I don't know more of these.)

    1: Princess Bride
    3: Emma??
    4: Friends!
    5: Pirates of the Caribbean
    6: The Hangover
    8: Airplane! <It isn't listed correctly if you don't have the exclamation point
    10: Willy Wonks and the Chocolate Factory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, I ruined it. Mish is a more considerate commenter than I am.

    And yeah, I am so gonna do this too!!

    ReplyDelete